Currently, I am working through the following P90X videos:

01 Chest and Back
02 Plyometrics
03 Shoulders and ARms
05 Legs and Back

NEVER MIND! That's too hard on my joints right now.

As of July 18, 2010, I'm doing the Urban Rebounder, Intermediate Level.

Oh, never mind. As of Aug 8, 2010, I working through a beginner's running program.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Starting Again

Over the past year or so I've worked out here and there. Even been consistent for a month or so before I eventually gave up, again. I'm finally getting around to getting serious about this, one more time. I do need to do something, though. Today, while looking at a BMI chart at work - I do work at a hospital, I noticed that I either need to loose weight or grow 7 inches because I'm teetering into the obese column. It's more likely that I'll loose than grow up, uhhmmm, so I'd better get busy.

One of the challenges that I fight is that to have time to work out I need to get up at 5 am. That's tough. When I'm rolling out of bed, still too tired and in a dreamy state, the thought of using my tired and limp muscles to exhaustion is too much to ask. Also, I would get so tired during the workout that I would think about the entire day I still had to make it through. So, instead I would go back to bed. Over the summer I was having trouble sleeping so I would walk for an hour after work and it helped out a lot. What I realized is I can more easily get up and do my school work (I'm in college now) for 1-1/2 hours before work. When I return home I can workout as hard as I can knowing that no matter how tired I get I'm going to bed in a couple hours anyway. It's been a win-win situation.

Tonight, I decided to get started again. After having gained weight, don't know how much since I refuse to weigh myself, I went to my workout area and did P90X's plyometric's warm-up. Yep, that's it. I was tired, breathing hard and already met my max. Really, I should be doing his scaled down version, whatever it's called, but I'm all tapped out of workout video funds. Hubby has banned anymore spending on workout stuff. So, I'll have to make this do. It will take me about a week to get myself introduced to this new lifestyle and then I'll be able to add more to my plate. For now, I'm good at starting new habits of actually getting my butt into gear. :)

No comments: