Currently, I am working through the following P90X videos:

01 Chest and Back
02 Plyometrics
03 Shoulders and ARms
05 Legs and Back

NEVER MIND! That's too hard on my joints right now.

As of July 18, 2010, I'm doing the Urban Rebounder, Intermediate Level.

Oh, never mind. As of Aug 8, 2010, I working through a beginner's running program.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Weight History Part 1 - In the Beginning

I won't get through this in one day, so this will be part one.

In my mind I'm still used to being 120 lbs. After having two babies I weighed, without any effort, 109 lbs. I gained some pounds quickly due to some medication and lost it all except 5 pounds. I then wavered at a weight of 114-115 pounds for four years and a size 6. When I married, stopped working and went back to full-time school I gained 15 pounds and lost all but 5 pounds, again. So, I was 120 pounds and a size 8. I stayed there for seven years. Then, we became self-employed and operated a business from our home. That is where everything changed for the worst where my weight was concerned.

Up to that point I had been health conscience and watched what I ate. I didn't buy junk food, although I loved it. I stayed away from sugar and sugar based products - unless they were natural, like fruits. This wasn't a carb-free diet, it was a refined sugar refrainment. I exercised and love it. Hence all of the videos. I don't like to exercise without someone telling me what to do, at what speed and how many times or for how long. I had earned a nutritional herbology certificate and was highly interested in natural remedies. Life was good. Then, we began a business and my focus switched to learning how to create websites, marketing targeted demographics, organizing and managing an office, attending customers and directing a workforce....

I learned most of it on my own, therefore most of it was not as efficient with my time and resources as I later would adjust it to become. During those early years I would begin work early in the morning, work all day and into the night. When I would finally crash for the night I would be so famished I would eat whatever was available that didn't need much forethought or preparation. Somehow I ended up traped in the wrong food group. This food would not be fruit and a salad, it would be chips, ice-cream and pizza. We would go out to eat a lot, which are huge, usually greasy and not-so-healthy meals.

It wasn't long before I had gained 20 pounds. Just as I didn't have time to eat properly I also didn't have time to exercise. Through time, I finished gaining almost another 20 pounds. I found it no fun at all to exersize, difficult to eat right and refrain from entertraining my new habits. My health and weight were no longer black and white, with good food choices and habits with a healthy dose of enjoyable exercise. Instead, workouts had become a burden of tiring routines that were slow to show results and food became an enemy that I had to overcome while showing no reward for the resistance. Climbing out of this trap has proved equal to fighting an uphill battle during a rainstorm while simultaniously dodging a landslide. What progress, if any were I making? It seemed like nothing. Then, I began to realize what changes I needed to make.

I will return at another time to share more on weight loss journey.

No comments: