Currently, I am working through the following P90X videos:

01 Chest and Back
02 Plyometrics
03 Shoulders and ARms
05 Legs and Back

NEVER MIND! That's too hard on my joints right now.

As of July 18, 2010, I'm doing the Urban Rebounder, Intermediate Level.

Oh, never mind. As of Aug 8, 2010, I working through a beginner's running program.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Week 3

Monday: Jari Love's Get Ripped! To the Core. I did 6 exercises, through the squat with lateral raise off the step and narrow squat with ant raise. I skipped the pushups. I used 3# weights on all exercises except Chest press (no hip raise), bent leg dead lift and bicep curl, and stiff leg dead lift with lateral rows where I used 5# weights. I stopped after exercise 6 because I started feeling sick. Later in the day I had a migraine that was accompanied by a sick stomach, so I wonder if it was related to this feeling ill after #6. I took my pulse at this point and it was 176 (44). I was going pretty hard. RPE 7-8.
Tuesday: Hip Hop Abs - 30 minute Fat Burning Cardio Workout. Heart rate 1/2 way through was 136 (34). RPE 4. (I don't find this routine difficult. It is very targeted at those abs, though and I enjoy it.)
Wednesday: Jari Love's Get Ripped! To the Core. I did 7 exercises, through the step ups with overhead press. I skipped the pushups. I used 3# weights on all exercises except Chest press (no hip raise), bent leg dead lift and bicep curl, and stiff leg dead lift with lateral rows where I used 5# weights. RPE 7-8.
Thursday: Hip Hop Abs - 30 minute Fat Burning Cardio Workout. RPE 3-4. I took out some hand weights, ones that slip onto the hand like a glove, and plan to try adding that to the workout on Saturday. Maybe that will increase the RPE.
Friday: Through the night I was fighting a cold. Since I needed the extra sleep and my body probably didn't need the extra work, I skipped the workout today.
Saturday: I am feeling much better so I did Jari Love's Get Ripped! To the Core. I did only 4 exercises, through the wide squats with upright rows. I skipped the pushups. I used 3# weights on all exercises except Chest press (no hip raise) and bent leg dead lift and bicep curl where I used 5# weights. RPE 7-8. I was feeling extremely tired this morning and couldn't get past the fourth exercise. (It is now Sunday, the next day, and I am feeling extremely sore in those lower muscles. I must have really given it more effort for those few exercises than usual.)

Well.... not a completely full week, but I did keep trying.

No comments: