Currently, I am working through the following P90X videos:

01 Chest and Back
02 Plyometrics
03 Shoulders and ARms
05 Legs and Back

NEVER MIND! That's too hard on my joints right now.

As of July 18, 2010, I'm doing the Urban Rebounder, Intermediate Level.

Oh, never mind. As of Aug 8, 2010, I working through a beginner's running program.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 5 Continued...

I didn't do very well last week and this week isn't looking much better. Monday eve my husband went to the emergency room having been sick since last Wednesday. We were up late and I didn't feel like working out the next morning. Then, every morning all week long I needed to take care of some important tasks in his behalf. Between that and having a busy week with meetings in the evening and not sleeping very well, I just couldn't get myself moving for early morning workouts. A bright note, despite my lack of exercise I have been keeping away from junk more. I've had two days this week, thus far, that have been essentially junk free. Of course, It always seems to work out that when I'm staying away from junk I'm not as diligent with my exercise. I need to master doing both at the SAME time!


Monday: Jari Love's Get Ripped! To the Core. I did 7 exercises, through the step ups with overhead press. I skipped the pushups. I used 3# weights on all exercises except Chest press (no hip raise), bent leg dead lift and bicep curl, and stiff leg dead lift with lateral rows where I used 5# weights. I took it easy and didn't work too hard.

I may not have made it through any morning exercises for the rest of the week, but I did do my best to take the stairs at work. In fact, on Friday I climbed 8 flights of stairs. To really maximize it's benefits I put my whole foot on the step and used my heal to push me up. I didn't simply jog them up, I used them as a substitute for my lunges. By the time I reach the eighth floor both my leg and rear-end muscles were tired and my cardio had been pushed. I was so glad there wasn't a ninth floor.

Also, I noticed these little round signs throughout the building that say "Health Focus Walking Trail" with little arrows for direction. I asked about it. There is a map to give an idea of where it goes and how, besides the little arrows on the signs. It takes you up and through and down and around and when completed is 1/2 mile. I think I will do that twice a day.... depending on how long it takes me. I'm due two breaks anyway, besides lunch. I'll do that, even if I already worked out in the morning.

No comments: