Currently, I am working through the following P90X videos:

01 Chest and Back
02 Plyometrics
03 Shoulders and ARms
05 Legs and Back

NEVER MIND! That's too hard on my joints right now.

As of July 18, 2010, I'm doing the Urban Rebounder, Intermediate Level.

Oh, never mind. As of Aug 8, 2010, I working through a beginner's running program.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Starting Again!

Well, It's been about a month since I started working out again. When my tops began to feel tight and my "fat" dresses that I've worn for the past 5 years during my weight gain are no longer fitting, I feel that I've reached the point of deciding in which direction I am heading. It's time to get serious. I'm going to post to the right of this blog my weight loss record, without disclosing the actual pounds (because I'm too embarrassed, yet). I really don't like to weight myself because if I'm not loosing, then I've always become discouraged and stopped and if I'm loosing sufficiently, then I over-reward myself with sabotaging snacks and slothfulness. Still, I've decided to weight myself on Sunday mornings to be able to track my progress and patterns.

I say I've started a month ago, but in reality I started a few months ago. I would lift a few weights here and there throughout the week, but nothing much more than more than doing nothing. (If that even makes sense). When the weather became warmer I would walk about 45 minutes. I had tried walking to my parents for my very first walk of the season and that turned out to be a big mistake. They live just over 3 miles away and it was too much for breaking me in for the season. I spent the next week treating a hurt ankle caused by walking on the side of a country road for over an hour. My dad had to drive me home, lol! He helped me measure the road that circles in my neighborhood and it turned out I would need to walk around it 5 times to equal the distance to their house. So, for the next two weeks I built up my strength to walk 5 times around the neighborhood. Then, the Sunday I determined enough was enough, my "fat" dresses were no longer fitting, I walked to my parents home AND back! I walked every day in the evening and did the P90X in the morning. I stayed away from ALL junk food and ate moderate and correct portions for each of my meals. I lost 4 pounds that week. It was exciting, but I didn't believe it, either. Really! I didn't believe it because I knew in the past I would loose some, gain some, loose some, gain some and so on. I really never lost anything because it would come back on again. Down 3, up 2, down 1, up 3, etc. I waited until the next week and found that I had put 2 more pounds on. No surprise. The next week I lost some more. That was 3 total weeks. Then, I lost control of my sleeping schedule, was stressed out about a deadline, and was given a huge box of cheese popcorn for Mother's Day that I took a week off. I put a little back on. Today, I started again.

That first week of walking AND P90X was the last week of walking. The gnats came out and I would have eaten a bunch in order to walk. My schedule has been like this:

Mondays: P90X, 01 Chest and Back. This is a tough workout for me because I cannot do a full pushup and cannot even do a pull-up. So, I do girl push ups and use a chair to allow me to do a pull-up. My goal was to make it through the entire video, which I've achieved. For most of the push-ups and pull-ups I'm doing 5 each, with the exception of regular ones which I did 8. Because I'm feeling stronger I increased my push-up count to 8 for each and 12 for the regular. I'm only feeling slightly stronger for the pull-ups. It's going to take time, for sure. I just don't have the strength. The only exersize in the video I do not do are the dive-bomber push-ups. Since I cannot even do a full push-up, then those are impossible for me at this time.

Tuesdays: P90X, 02 Plyometrics. My goal was to complete the video. I'm still working on it. I've made it through the third routine. Today, I was about to start the fourth and realized I'm just not ready. It's MORE jumping and I just finished a bunch of jumping and can barely keep myself going. I need a few more weeks of going through the 3 and then I'll add number 4.

Wednesdays: P90X, Shoulders and Biceps. I will have to make note of how far I go in this one. There are so many bicep moves that my elbow areas begin to hurt before I really feel I've maxed out my muscles.

Thursdays: P90X, Legs and Back. I skip the back in this because I return to first workout for Friday's. The legs I work on until the wall squats. Last time I was able to make it a few more moves before I was finished.

Fridays and Saturdays I return to the first two workouts. At least that's the plan. I don't like the other two workouts he has for those days and I need to build my strength for the first two, so I return to them. However, only one of the weeks did I even remotely do this. To be quite honest, it seems every single week I find a day, or two, that somehow I don't workout. So, I make sure I get through these four workouts once.

Well, that's a quick rundown of my month and plan. Wish me luck.... I need it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Stop by if you need any motivation
I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach. I've lost over 65 pounds with their products and now I earn good money just doing part time work, check out my site for info on weight loss or turning your health into great income Visit www.FitnessAchievement.com or my coaching site