Currently, I am working through the following P90X videos:

01 Chest and Back
02 Plyometrics
03 Shoulders and ARms
05 Legs and Back

NEVER MIND! That's too hard on my joints right now.

As of July 18, 2010, I'm doing the Urban Rebounder, Intermediate Level.

Oh, never mind. As of Aug 8, 2010, I working through a beginner's running program.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Get Ripped To The Core

Starting up again. Last week I did one work out with Get Ripped To The Core. I'm changing back to this one as it is both easier and seems to work more muscles before I completely wear myself out. I've included a count of how many of each I do for each routine, that includes the slow ones and the pulses that she does for many of them. She will often do a slow for four counts up and down, then go to a 3 count up and a 1 count down, then to a 2 count up and 2 count down, then to singles for a set of 8. I really like this workout a lot more, though I plan to build up my strength and endurance to be able to do the Get Ripped 1000 as it has been such a challenge that I want to meet. Here is the workout (of course, I skip the pushups).

1: Reverse Lunge and Side Squat (Muscles worked: Quadriceps, hamstrings, inner thighs, gluteals, back, core). There are a total of 38 for each move with each leg.

2: Chest Press with Hips Raised (Muscles worked: Pectorales, core, hamstrings, gluteals, deltoids, triceps). I don't raise my hips because it hurts my knees - so I don't know altogether which of those muscles I'm not working. There are a total 54 chest presses in this routine.

3: Bent Leg Dead Lift and Bicep Curl. (Muscles worked: lower back, gluteals, hamstrings, quadriceps, biceps). There are a total 32 Bent Leg Dead Lift and 32 bicep Curls.

4: Wide Squat and Upright Row. (Muscles worked: Inner thighs, hamstrings, quadriceps, deltoids, gluteals, upper back, core). In the Get Ripped 1000 she does bicep curls with the wide squat and I don't find that a natural combination and I don't feel I get a full wide squat workout, either. I really like this one in this video. In this one we do 171 wide squats (this includes the 123 pulses) and 52 upright rows.

5: Stiff Leg Deadlift with Lateral Row (during the Lateral row they go one legged for two routines and then switch legs for the last two routines. I don't do this, yet, because it gives those muscles a break between lower body routines). (Muscles worked: Bicepts, gluteals, hamstrings, back, core). There are a total of 48 deadlifts and 56 lateral rows.

6: Squat with Lateral Raise and then Narrow Squat with Anterior Raise. (Muscles worked: Quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteals, medial deltoids, anterior deltoids, IT band, core). There are 48 leg squats for each leg and 54 lateral raises. Then, there are only 8 narrow squats with anterior raise.

7: Step Ups with Overhead Press. (Muscles worked: Deltoids, trapezius, quadriceps, triceps, hamstrings, gluteals, core). Total of 48 overhead presses.

There is still 1-2 more moves, but I haven't reached them yet. This is all for now.

No comments: