Currently, I am working through the following P90X videos:

01 Chest and Back
02 Plyometrics
03 Shoulders and ARms
05 Legs and Back

NEVER MIND! That's too hard on my joints right now.

As of July 18, 2010, I'm doing the Urban Rebounder, Intermediate Level.

Oh, never mind. As of Aug 8, 2010, I working through a beginner's running program.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Doctor's Visit

It's been a tough week, but when are they not when it comes to keeping goals and changing habits. Anyway, I went to the doctor today and discussed with her my arm. It has been hurting for the past two months, ever since I was given a vaccine, and it has only gotten worse. I can't even lift my covers at night while I roll from one side to the other, without wincing - or even crying outward in pain; not to mention that I cannot even sleep on that particular side because of that pain. So, I talked to the doctor today and she made sure everything was okay. Sure enough, it is. I was afraid to do any arm or upper body work simply because I didn't want to hurt what was already hurting. She said that I can do whatever I can and I will not hurt myself. Therefore, this week I plan to do the lower body one day and the other half of the same DVD, which is mostly upper body the next day. That way I am working out everyday and working my whole body. Eventually, I will build my strength and endurance to the point of being able to complete the entire DVD in one workout. Then, the alternate days I will stretch and soak in the hot tub. My body feels like it could use good amount of both of those right now. :)

Another thing that happened at the doctor's office really irritated me. Last week I had visited another kind of doctor and was weighed, as always they do. I saw the scale and was, of course, disappointed at being at the exact same weight, even though I KNOW I see progress through physical changes. This was disappointing. So, today I looked away from the scale; didn't even feel a glimpse of curiosity to see it's reading. The nurse, however, read it out loud!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! And, it was one pound more from last week! How encouraging is THAT!? Yes, I know. I have had a terrible week with regards to my workout routine, but give me a break.... I can't believe she said it out loud. I've never had a nurse do that before!

So, I see this doctor again in a few weeks, as well as my other one. Hopefully, I will see better results because I'm having another change this week, too. Today's doctor prescribed me an appetite suppressant. Wish me luck.

No comments: